Saturday, October 23, 2010

Clarity.

What is hope?

It's been a while since my last blog entry, so I've been pretty hesitant to post another one. For the longest time, I knew what I wanted to write about, but I didn't know how to word it just the way I thought would get my point across.

But, what is hope?

A few weeks ago, I was at a concert that closed with a cover with "All You Need Is Love" and, as I was taking in every moment of the song, I reached into my pocket and I found a dollar. Now it doesn't seem like anything monumental, but for me, that's hope. That's what I call a sign. It made me smile, and for that sole reason, that's what my definition of hope is.

Hope is knowing that things will eventually get better. Hope is seeing that friend you haven't in a long time. Hope is finding pennies heads up on the ground. Hope is anything and everything and nothing. It's just all in how you look at the world. And finding that glimmer of hope in everyday life isn't as hard to find as we make it out to be. Hope is always around us, we just need to be looking harder.

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment